From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcqada@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: can someone tell me why I am getting this error? but still read please
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:13:26 GMT
Date: 2001-07-05T12:13:26+00:00	[thread overview]

Beau wrote:

> you know the main program. I am just used to saying driver. The problem is
> old but thanks anyways for trying to help
> --
> ~Beau~
> beau@hiwaay.net
>
> "Keith Thompson" <kst@cts.com> wrote in message
> > "Beau" <beau@hiwaay.net> writes:
> > > I don't know how I did it, but it worked perfectly when I moved the
> driver
> > > file to the same folder as the spec and body file of the package. did
> this
> > > fix it? or was it "Just one of those things"?
> >
> > I don't know.  What's a driver file?
> >
> > --
> > Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
> > San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>
> > Cxiuj via bazo apartenas ni.

You had the package in one directory, and the driver in another.

When you compiled the driver, you were in the directory containing it,
but you did not tell the compiler what directories to look in for other
files (packages) on which it depended.  So when you moved the package
code in with the driver code and compiled it, the compiler found the
package in the same directory and all was well.

Look at your compiler's documentation regarding maintaining and
compiling software in different directories.  (If you're using GNAT,
look at the -I compiler switch.)

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation