From: "Ken O. Burtch" <kburtch@mackenziefinancial.com>
Subject: Re: Need Help Porting Gnat to S390
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:57:26 GMT
Date: 2001-06-21T13:57:26+00:00	[thread overview]

Thanks for your question.

I don't know the requirements to port GNAT to a new platform.  The S390 will
certainly have a version of GCC.  I don't know whether or not GCC 2.8.1 will
need patches or not--it might simply be a matter of recompiling the sources
under S390 GCC.  Nobody at the office seems to know.

Since the S390 is running Linux, that should simplify much of the porting.  If
the GNAT sources use only standard Linux libraries and kernel calls, the port
of the run-time library might be straight forward.  Someone who knows more
about porting GNAT will have to comment on this.  Exceptions and threading may
require addition work.

Ken Burtch