From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: Ada on Cypress CY7C646 (8051)?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:41:43 -0400
Date: 2001-06-11T17:41:43+00:00	[thread overview]

Brian Catlin wrote:

> Has anyone used Ada to program the Cypress (formerly Anchor) CY7C646 USB controller that contains an 8051 core?  Which Ada compilers
> support the 8051?  I know that Robert Dewar had a conniption back in '95 when someone suggested subsetting Ada to get it onto an
> 8051 (by the way, whatever happened to Robert?  I haven't seen him post in quite some time.), did anyone finally do the port?

One variant of our AdaMagic Ada 95 front end uses optimized
ANSI C as its intermediate representation.  This would
be one way to get Ada code onto the 8051.  The run-time
system would be a challenge, but you could be careful
to only use the pieces of the run-time you really need,
and you would probably be able to get something useful
running.

Let me know if you would be interested in investigating
this technology further as a possible solution to
your needs.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@avercom.net   http://www.avercom.net
Chief Technology Officer, AverCom Corporation (A Titan Company)