From: Jeffrey Carter <jeffrey.carter@boeing.com>
Subject: Re: Calling all language lawyers....
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:52:21 GMT
Date: 2001-06-06T15:52:21+00:00	[thread overview]

Wes Groleau wrote:

> Is there anything anywhere that prohibits using a subtype
> in pragma Convention?  I've dug around in Annex B in the
> RM & AARM and found no such language.  (Nor did I find any
> requiring it to be supported.)

I am not a language lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Since all types in Ada are anonymous, only subtype names may be used for
the Entity parameter of pragma Convention. However, the notes say
"Implementations may place restrictions on interfacing pragmas ...", so
an implementation may restrict the Entity parameter to be the
first-named subtype of a type.

--
Jeffrey Carter