* Ada on SGI
@ 2001-05-29 20:48 denner
From: denner @ 2001-05-29 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
on the web, but found no such animal.

Thanks,

Brett

* Re: Ada on SGI
@ 2001-05-29 21:44 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-05-29 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

The most recent public version for IRIX is at
ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/private/old/gnat3.11p-mips-sgi-irix5.3-bin.tar.gz

A3.13p version could be built from source by starting with the above 3.11p
version -- using it to build 3.12p from sources (found in the same directory
given above, then using that 3.12p version to build 3.13 from source found
at ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

<denner@flash.net> wrote in message news:3B140B22.40481B65@flash.net...
> Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
> on the web, but found no such animal.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brett

* Re: Ada on SGI
@ 2001-05-30  7:04 ` Tarjei T. Jensen
From: Tarjei T. Jensen @ 2001-05-30  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

denner@flash.net wrote in message <3B140B22.40481B65@flash.net>...
>Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
>on the web, but found no such animal.

Try to request the latest GNAT tar file from freeware@sgi.com and specify
that you only want the "free" stuff from ACT, not the entire development
system from SGI.

Greetings,

* Re: Ada on SGI
@ 2001-05-30 11:07   ` Gerald Kasner
From: Gerald Kasner @ 2001-05-30 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David C. Hoos, Sr." schrieb:

> The most recent public version for IRIX is at
> ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/private/old/gnat3.11p-mips-sgi-irix5.3-bin.tar.gz
>
> A3.13p version could be built from source by starting with the above 3.11p
> version -- using it to build 3.12p from sources (found in the same directory
> given above, then using that 3.12p version to build 3.13 from source found
> at ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

In theory. Has anyone succeeded doing this ??
-Gerald

> <denner@flash.net> wrote in message news:3B140B22.40481B65@flash.net...
> > Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
> > on the web, but found no such animal.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brett

* Re: Ada on SGI
@ 2001-06-01 22:21     ` Dave Retherford
From: Dave Retherford @ 2001-06-01 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yeah, we did (Raytheon Technical Services Co., RTSC) in Houston.  We started
with the IRIX 5.3 binary for 3.11p then built 3.12p for 5.3, 6.2 & 6.5, and
then built 3.13p for 5.3 & 6.5.  Don't remember all of the steps, options,
etc. we used right now; but we did it.

Dave.

Gerald Kasner <Gerald.Kasner@Physik.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote in message
> "David C. Hoos, Sr." schrieb:
> >
> > The most recent public version for IRIX is at

ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/private/old/gnat3.11p-mips-sgi-irix5.3-bin.tar.gz

> > A3.13p version could be built from source by starting with the above
3.11p
> > version -- using it to build 3.12p from sources (found in the same
directory
> > given above, then using that 3.12p version to build 3.13 from source
found
> > at ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat
>

> In theory. Has anyone succeeded doing this ??
> -Gerald
>

> > <denner@flash.net> wrote in message news:3B140B22.40481B65@flash.net...
> > > Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
> > > on the web, but found no such animal.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Brett

* Re: Ada on SGI
@ 2001-06-05  7:55       ` Gerald Kasner
From: Gerald Kasner @ 2001-06-05  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Retherford schrieb:

> Yeah, we did (Raytheon Technical Services Co., RTSC) in Houston.  We started
> with the IRIX 5.3 binary for 3.11p then built 3.12p for 5.3, 6.2 & 6.5, and
> then built 3.13p for 5.3 & 6.5.  Don't remember all of the steps, options,
> etc. we used right now; but we did it.
>
> Dave.

Congratulations ! Do you use the FSU-threads or athreads in the port ?
If athrads are working fine, then I'll give it a try.

-Gerald

* Re: Ada on SGI
@ 2001-06-05  9:09         ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-06-05  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

The usual porting procedure produces both thread libraries, and you simply
select with which thread library you wish to compile and link your
programs by the simple expedient of changing the adalib and adainclude
symbolic links to the desired directories, as is done with all GNAT
versions that support two thread library variants.

> Dave Retherford schrieb:
> >
> > Yeah, we did (Raytheon Technical Services Co., RTSC) in Houston.  We
started
> > with the IRIX 5.3 binary for 3.11p then built 3.12p for 5.3, 6.2 & 6.5,
and
> > then built 3.13p for 5.3 & 6.5.  Don't remember all of the steps,
options,
> > etc. we used right now; but we did it.
> >
> > Dave.
> >
> Congratulations ! Do you use the FSU-threads or athreads in the port ?
> If athrads are working fine, then I'll give it a try.
>
> -Gerald

* Re: Ada on SGI
@ 2001-06-05 12:01           ` Gerald Kasner
From: Gerald Kasner @ 2001-06-05 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David C. Hoos, Sr." wrote:

> The usual porting procedure produces both thread libraries, and you simply
> select with which thread library you wish to compile and link your
> programs by the simple expedient of changing the adalib and adainclude
> symbolic links to the desired directories, as is done with all GNAT
> versions that support two thread library variants.

Ah ! Yes I know this from the linux-port I'm ususally working with. But
on
the system I'm working on, there is only ONE adalib and ONE adainclude
in /usr/gnu/n32/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/2.8.1/rts
no choice !
I have the gnat SGI-version  from our campus-license