From: "Stanley R. Allen" <u384k@gsde.hou.us.ray.com>
Subject: Re: Dutch to English Translation
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 17:37:48 -0500
Date: 2001-06-04T17:37:48-05:00	[thread overview]

Jacky Cheang wrote:

> My girlfriend wrote the following in Dutch for me.
> But I have no knowledge of Dutch at all.
> Could someone help me translate it?
>
> Thanks! :)

I'll do the best I can with my limited knowledge
of Dutch.  Hope this helps!!

> ================== 1st Paragraph =======================
> Hoe gaat het met je?
> waarom versta je geen Nederlands?

How have you been? (lit. What's your sign?)
Been living in The Netherlands a long time?

> ================== 2nd Paragraph =======================
> Je zou toch wel een beetje NEderlands moeten leren
> Want mijn Nederlands is beter dan mijn Engels

If you want, I could buy you a drink.
The Dutch soccer team will do well against the English, I
suppose.

> ================== 3rd Paragraph =======================
> Ik heb je lief
> Ik zou elke dag samen wille nzijn
> ik hou heel veel van jou
> ik hou van jou en mis je ook heel veel
> af en toe wens ik dat je hier was

I've got a nice computer at my house.
You should come and see it sometime.
I have many small pets, a large kitchen,
and my house is near the museum.
Please come and visit soon.

> ================== 4th Paragraph =======================
> zodat ik je kan knuffelen wanneer ik maar wil
> je vastpakken
> je lichaam tegen de mijne
> je warmte voelen
> je hand op mijn lichaam..strelend

I'm a Libra.  We're friendly and honest,
with a tendency to choose edgy partners.
I've been told I'm compatible with Capricorns.

> ================== 5th Paragraph =======================
> ik wel je voelen
> je overal aanraken
> en jij raakt me aan
> en ik kan de liefde in je ogen zien
> je liefde voor mij...
> als je kon weten hoeveel je voor mij betekent
> ik hou zo veel van je..

You really are the life of the party!
I'd like to take you to [indecipherable].
There's a car around the corner.
We could [indecipherable].

> ================== 6th Paragraph =======================
> ik voel me zo ongelukkig.. het is zo persoonlijk
> aber das verstehst du nicht
> das is kein Niederlandisch..

Yes, Dutch way of life is the best.  We
have more freedom than most other countries.
The night time is the right time for [indecipherable].

> Slaap kindje slaap, daar buiten loopt en schaap.
> Een schaap met witte voetjes, drinkt zijn melk zo zoetjes.
> Slaap kindje slaap, daar buiten loopt een schaap

[This paragraph is partially indecipherable, but the
parts I do understand should not be translated.  Sorry,
but we should keep this a respectable forum].

--
Stanley Allen
mailto:Stanley_R_Allen-NR@raytheon.com