* c2ada compilinG/runtime problem
@ 2001-05-13 11:12 Henrik Quintel
From: Henrik Quintel @ 2001-05-13 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,
I have recompiled the c2ada application on Red Hat 6.1
with gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
and everything worked right.

Now I have started c2ada by typing:

c2ada hallo.c

The result is that I got the error:

symset.c, line 52, Assertion Failed: pymod_Symbol

It would be very nice if someone can help me to make
c2ada runable. I have also tried to let run a pre-
compiled binary of c2ada. The same error came up.

If someone has an executable of c2ada that runs under
Red Hat 6.1 without any error. It would be very nce if you could
mail it to me: henrik.quintel@gmx.de

Thanks for all.

Greetings Henrik

* Re: c2ada compilinG/runtime problem
@ 2001-05-14  2:54 ` peter
From: peter @ 2001-05-14  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3AFE6C1F.178D6ECB@gmx.de>, Henrik says...

>Hi everybody,
>I have recompiled the c2ada application on Red Hat 6.1
>with gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
>and everything worked right.
>
>Now I have started c2ada by typing:
>
>c2ada hallo.c
>
>The result is that I got the error:
>
>symset.c, line 52, Assertion Failed: pymod_Symbol
>
>It would be very nice if someone can help me to make
>c2ada runable. I have also tried to let run a pre-
>compiled binary of c2ada. The same error came up.

it sounds like you have a python library issue.

You need to set env variable for pyhon befor running c2ada, I think
the variable is $PYTHONHOME to point to where python is installed or
to where the python libraries are.

If you look at symset.c
----------------------------

static PyObject * pymod_Symbol;

 pymod_Symbol = PyImport_ImportModule("Symbol");
    assert(pymod_Symbol);

oSymbol = PyObject_GetAttrString(pymod_Symbol, "oSymbol");
    assert(oSymbol);

------------------------------------

so the code seems to load a library, then tries to read the value
of a symbol from that library.

Are you using the correct python version with c2ada? I think
c2ada was build against a specific python library 1.5, but it could
work also with python 2.0.

also do this

PYTHONPATH=/home/c2ada  <---- where you installed phython.
export PYTHONPATH

may be that will help :)

There should be a readme file that talk about all of this, I think
the Ada for linux folks have an RPM build of c2ada but I could be wrong.

/p

* Re: c2ada compilinG/runtime problem
@ 2001-05-14 19:12   ` Henrik Quintel
From: Henrik Quintel @ 2001-05-14 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Peter,
thanks for the detaild answer. I will try it it out and let you know the
result
at the beginning of the next week.

>There should be a readme file that talk about all of this, I think
>the Ada for linux folks have an RPM build of c2ada but I could be wrong.
Does someone knows if such an RPM exists and where can I get it?
Thanks for all.

Greetings Henrik