From: James Rogers <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Yet another question on system calls(newbie question)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:12:23 GMT
Date: 2001-05-10T21:12:23+00:00	[thread overview]

Keith Thompson wrote:

> Take a closer look.  The call was
>    result := C_System(value => "acdsee D:\work\pictures\BP47.jpg ");
> The command is acdsee, presumably an image viewer.

You are correct. My eyes completely skipped the blank.

One of the issues you may encounter when using the "system" command
is the PATH variable. Using a command such as "acdsee" may work
well on some systems, and not on others becuase of differences in
the way "system" evaluates your environment variables.

The safest solution, although non-portable due to use of different
directories, is to call all commands using a fully qualified
directory path.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA