From: "Dr. Michael Paus" <paus@ib-paus.com>
Subject: Re: AUnit
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:56:29 +0200
Date: 2001-05-10T10:54:08+00:00	[thread overview]

Ehud Lamm wrote:

> I was wondering how spread is the use of Aunit (the testing framework). Does
> anyone use it professionally? Did anyone try (and succeed) using it with
> students?

I am using JUnit (the Java counterpart to AUnit) but did not have the time yet
to try out AUnit (although I have already downloaded it :-)

> I have a feeling it is too complicated for students (it uses stuff we cover
> quite late like tagged types and child units), but I'd love showing my
> students the intense testing approach.

I think the use of J(A)Unit is quite straight forward if you have a complete
example which you can then extend with further test cases. Even if you do not
understand object oriented concepts like tagged types etc. you can just copy
and extend an example and so I think it should be possible to teach students
how to use this tool even if they do not completely understand why it works.

Michael