From: Andrew Cooke <andrew@andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Thoughts and Opinions or something like that
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:40:07 +0100
Date: 2001-04-25T08:40:07+01:00	[thread overview]

Things I'd like from a VM (off the top of my head - I don't use VMs
directly and I have no idea whether the following are possible):

- garbage collection
- support for coroutines (no single stack restrictions)
- support for tail recursion

(the last two are known problems with the JVM, I believe).

If you want to concentrate on your language, rather than writing the VM,
you could target an existing machine - apart from the obvious .net and
JVM, you might consider C--

Andrew