From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: redirecting the standard output to different std outputs?
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:23:30 -0400
Date: 2001-04-13T16:23:30+00:00	[thread overview]

Frank wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I hope you don't mind that I add a question here :-)
> It is about the same subject:
>
> Is it possible to say that one task shall have one std output and another
> task a different std output?
> Eg. that two task (in the same Ada-program) can have std output to different
> Xterm windows in Linux.

You can't set the "default" Text_IO output file to
two different files at the same time.  However, you
could use the "Task Attribute" feature of Ada 95 to
give each task a File_Access attribute, and do all your
output through that.  Then each task could have its own,
without having to explicitly pass it to every routine
under the sun.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@avercom.net   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Chief Technology Officer, AverCom Corporation (A Titan Company)