From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: Exporting generic's and tagged types
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:18:17 -0400
Date: 2001-04-13T16:18:17+00:00	[thread overview]

srini wrote:

> Stephen Leake wrote:
> > > b) Is there a way to export a set of packages that declare/define a
> > > family of base and derived data types and algorithms on these.
> >
> > Not clear what you mean by "export" here; pragma Export does not apply
> > to packages.

Actually, that's not strictly true.  Pragma Export may
be applied to any entity, including a package, an exception,
a type, etc.  However, support for exporting some of these
kinds of entities is implementation-defined, and from
a practical point of view, not many compilers support
these kinds of exports.

> > Maybe you mean "automatically apply pragma Export to everything in
> > this set of packages". No way to do that. Might be a good application
> > for ASIS.

This could be a legitimate interpretation for pragma Export
on a package.  Again, though, pragma Export is not
standardized once you go past the requirements given
in Annex B for particular languages.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@avercom.net   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Chief Technology Officer, AverCom Corporation (A Titan Company)