* Object Ada & Java target
@ 2001-04-11  9:08 Etienne Baudin
From: Etienne Baudin @ 2001-04-11  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

here is the source code :

--##################################
with Java.Lang.System; use Java.Lang.System;
with Java.Io.Printstream;
with Interfaces.Java; use Interfaces.Java;

procedure TestJava is
begin
     Java.Io.Printstream.Print (stdout, "salut");
end TestJava;
--#################################

the compiler detect no errors but at the execution :

E:\>java TestJava
interfaces/java/Ada_Applet
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:74)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(URLClassLoader.java:156)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:131)

I tryed to run another simple hello world written in real Java and it Works
fine

Is my source code bad ?
Thanks
Etienne Baudin

* Re: Object Ada & Java target
@ 2001-04-11 12:34 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-04-11 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Etienne Baudin wrote:

> here is the source code :
>
> --##################################
> with Java.Lang.System; use Java.Lang.System;
> with Java.Io.Printstream;
> with Interfaces.Java; use Interfaces.Java;
>
> procedure TestJava is
> begin
>      Java.Io.Printstream.Print (stdout, "salut");
> end TestJava;
> --#################################
>
> the compiler detect no errors but at the execution :
>
> E:\>java TestJava
> interfaces/java/Ada_Applet
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:355)
>         at
> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:74)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(URLClassLoader.java:156)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:137)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:131)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:245)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:195)
>
> I tryed to run another simple hello world written in real Java and it Works
> fine
>
> Is my source code bad ?
> Thanks
> Etienne Baudin

Is your CLASSPATH variable properly set?  In other words, has the JVM
been informed where to locate the Ada run-time class or jar files?
(Java has default locations where it expects to find its run-time, so if
the Ada ones are somewhere else, the JVM won't know to go look there.)

Doesn't ObjectAda have some sort of "Getting started" section to guide
one through their first Ada->Java program?

Marc A. Criley