From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Q re glade for slaves.
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 00:40:47 +0600
Date: 2001-04-09T06:38:57+00:00	[thread overview]

Wilhelm Spickermann wrote:

> On 08-Apr-01 Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
> > The solution that I came up with is to create a generic package for
> > the
> > common code for the slaves, create an instance of that package for
> > each
> > slave, and have the .cfg file assign each instance to a different
> > processor.  However, since the Remote_Call_Interface pragma seems to
> You can dynamically add and remove clients even if the machine didn´t
> exist when the cfg files were made. But the clients are not accessed by
> an RCI -- RCIs are too static. You have to use dispatching calls for
> that.
>
> Example:

OK, thanks.  It looks like the Examples/Bank/ application that comes with
gnat-glade does something similar to what you described for the
registration, although the server does not directly demand any work from
the clients in that example.

Do I understand correctly that in your outline the server can call a
procedure or function that is defined by the client, even though he client
is not pragma'd to be an RCI?  It looks like that is what you are
suggesting, and that the "Where" argument causes the call to be dispatched
to the correct client.

If that is correct, then I could just have a newly launched client call the
server for registration, and have the server immediately turn arround and
call a routine on the client as part of the registration logic, so that the
client in effect becomes a slave.  Right?

Thanks,

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas