From: Gary Scott <Gary.L.Scott@lmtas.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Tasks vs Linux processes
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:18:59 -0500
Date: 2001-04-04T12:18:59-05:00	[thread overview]

A more fundamental issue would be why would hardware be designed that
did not provide a positive status indication that it was "ready" for
further access.  Using delays to handle interface issues with slow,
poorly designed hardware has caused a huge number of anomalies in
avionic systems that I've dealt with over the last 20 years. It's really
tiring...