From: "D. Baerts" <dirkb@xs4all.nl>
To: webmaster@nyu.edu
Cc: Dirk Baerts <d.baerts@xs4all.NL>, freeware@sgi.com
Subject: How do I build IRIX64 6.5 mips3 GNAT 3.13 compiler ?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 21:13:41 +0200
Date: 2001-04-03T19:13:43+00:00	[thread overview]

Dear webmaster,

Again, "This must be the wrong place to put this, but I'll do it anyway."

Actually, I do possess :
gcc-2.8.1
gnat-3.11p-mips-sgi-irix5.3-bin
gnat-3.12p-src
&
gnat-3.13p-src

My queest is :
How do I build IRIX64 6.5 mips3 GNAT 3.13 compiler.

My points are :
I got coredumps, while upgrading from 3.11 via 3.12 to 3.13 under IRIX64 6.5, IP19, under IRIX64 6.5, IP 22, -mips3 & under IRIX64 6.5, IP 27, -mips3. Even tried out IRIX 6.2, IP 22 today : no luck

I did manage to build 3.12 for IRIX64, IP27, mips4. With own patches. Used heavely, runs for over a year now , with the sole complaint that it isn't mips3

In the past there was this _open_ newsgroup, where you could discuss these problems. Now there a newsgroup where you must _pay_ for. Maintained by Ada Core Technology.

If you were good enough you even could suggest patches, for the source that was available through an - again - _open_ repository. The best thing you can hope for now is that ACT does mirror their _actual_ sources

Best regards,

Dirk