From: Simon Pilgrim <simon.pilgrim@baesystems.com>
Subject: Re: Positive publicity for Ada in the UK
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:34:30 +0100
Date: 2001-03-30T13:34:30+01:00	[thread overview]

John Robinson wrote:

> Just thought I would point out that Computer Weekly in the UK have just
> published a very favourable article on Ada as a "hot skill":
>
> Computer Weekly, 29th March, pp108
>
> I struggle to remember the mainstream computer press printing anything
> other than ill informed and inaccurate statements about Ada in recent
> times. It is a relief to see someone publishing hard facts at last.

Having just scanned the article at:

http://www.computerweekly.co.uk/cwarchive/xtra/19991007/cwcontainer.asp?name=S1.html&ct=search

Although it may be an improvement, they still have a way to go.

"A new version of the language, Ada 95, has been developed to
incorporate more modern features, notably object oriented programming
based around the concepts of inheritance and polymorphisms, to bring it
in line with C++ and Java."

And later:

"There is, for example, a three-day course on Ada 63 to Ada 95
conversion to update programmers already  familiar with the old
version."

I didn't realise Ada was that old :)

--
Regards,