* Re: Numbers problem
       [not found] <98ls9n$mp76@tech.port.ac.uk>
@ 2001-03-13 19:56 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-03-13 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now *that* sounds more like a homework problem! :-)

Hint: Figure out which one is smallest then work upwards from there.

If you have trouble with that, try your textbook (or the Ada Reference
Manual) in the areas that deal with "if" statements and "for" loops. You
might want to look at the section that deals with "subprograms" since it
doesn't sound like you've got a grasp on the difference between a function
and a procedure.

MDC

--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

"WM" <wwminirl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I write a function, such as: input two random integers, output all
> values one by one from smallest to highest.
> e.g. input: 6,2
>      output: 2,3,4,5,6
>
> Thanks!

* Re: Numbers problem
@ 2001-03-14  2:28   ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2001-03-14  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marin David Condic wrote:

> Now *that* sounds more like a homework problem! :-)
>
> Hint: Figure out which one is smallest then work upwards from there.
>
> If you have trouble with that, try your textbook (or the Ada Reference
> Manual) in the areas that deal with "if" statements and "for" loops. You
> might want to look at the section that deals with "subprograms" since it
> doesn't sound like you've got a grasp on the difference between a function
> and a procedure.
>
> "WM" <wwminirl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How can I write a function, such as: input two random integers, output all
> > values one by one from smallest to highest.
> > e.g. input: 6,2
> >      output: 2,3,4,5,6

WM might also want to look at the 'Min and 'Max attributes.

--
Jeff Carter
"I blow my nose on you."