From: "Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.nospam@bigfoot.de>
Subject: Re: Microsoft Access database on GNAT 3.04
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 19:36:08 +0100
Date: 2001-03-04T19:36:08+01:00	[thread overview]

Rohit Sharma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing for Win 98/NT. I did get the 3.13 version which works very
> well with ADO for ODBC access, but the existing project is for a DLL (made
> in VC). The ADA provides the object files. The 3.04 version makes *.obj
> files but the 3.13 version makes *.o files whic dont seem to be compatible
> wit the rest of the project.
>
> Can you tell me what is the difference between *.O and *.OBJ files ?

I am not exactly an expert here, but .o is what GNU compilers (GNAT is
the GNU Ada compiler) usually produce. .obj is usually produced by
compilers on the Microsoft platform.

MSVC isn't able to link .o files, but it is possible to use GNAT to link
all your files to a DLL. The GNAT linker can read .o *and* .obj files.
How to create DLLs with GNAT is described in the GNAT User's Guide.

Gerhard
--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e