From: John English <je@bton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] pyAda, first public release
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:21:11 +0000
Date: 2001-03-01T14:21:02+00:00	[thread overview]

Brad Clements wrote:

> I thought one of the big points of using Ada was its verifiability -- making
> it more suitable for complex, "large-scale" (i.e, expensive) projects, like
> missile defense.
>
> Plugging in a "non-verifiable" script plug-in kinda defeats this purpose..
> doesn't it?

You're asking for a pure Ada implementation of Python, then. Even
without this, being able to embed a Python (or Tcl) interpreter
into an existing system can be very useful, as it lets you provide
the system with a macro language as part of the user interface...

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk