From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: generic packages and dispatched operations
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:01:14 -0500
Date: 2001-02-28T14:01:14+00:00	[thread overview]

Maxim Reznik wrote:

> > You failed to post any code so nobody can check to see if what you are
> > interested in will compile with a compiler other than GNAT and/or Aonix.
> > Please post again - maybe we can help.
> >
> Thank you very much for help.
> I had posted my programm in previous message to the newgroup.
>
> I'll appriciate if you try to compile my programm by your compiler.
> I'm sending it to you as attached file.
> I think Aonix compiler fails. And I'm going to ask Aonix support.
> But I want to be sure at first.
>
> Aonix compiler shows error in first line after instantion of
> package CUpper.childs;
> It says [
> hello.ada: Error: line 40 col 1 LRM:8.3(26), There are overriding dispatching op
> erations declared in the same region in an instantiation, Ignoring declaration
>  ]

This appears to be a bug in the "AdaMagic" front end, otherwise known as
"my favorite front end," which is used by Aonix and Green Hills.  I am
attempting to determine a work-around.  You might be able to find
one as well by playing a bit with your source code.  I'll post another
response if I find a not-too-painful workaround.  And of course,
I'll get to work on a fix to the front end!

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@avercom.net   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Chief Technology Officer, AverCom Corporation (A Titan Company)