* Anyone have suggestions on Ada compilers?
@ 2001-02-08 21:42 mvmacneil
From: mvmacneil @ 2001-02-08 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am currently analyzing COTS products to upgrade the ALSYS
compiler I am currently using.  I am looking for a product
that will compile on a 386dx target so that we can move away from the
ALSYS product which is not Y2K compliant.

Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* RE: Anyone have suggestions on Ada compilers?
@ 2001-02-08 22:26 Beard, Frank
From: Beard, Frank @ 2001-02-08 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org'

Alsys merged with Thompson which merged with Aonix.
The Aonix ObjectAda products are pretty good.  Have
you looked at them (http://www.aonix.com)?

And then there is always GNAT.

@ 2001-02-09 15:12 ` Jerry Petrey
From: Jerry Petrey @ 2001-02-09 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

mvmacneil@my-deja.com wrote:

> I am currently analyzing COTS products to upgrade the ALSYS
> compiler I am currently using.  I am looking for a product
> that will compile on a 386dx target so that we can move away from the
> ALSYS product which is not Y2K compliant.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

You could look at:

GNAT
http://www.gnat.com/

DDCI
http://www.ddci.dk/
(I am currently using DDCI for a 486 target)

RR Software
http://www.rrsoftware.com/

Rational
http://www.rational.com/products/apex/embedded.jsp
(We use Apex for all our development and configuration management)

Aonix (which used to be Alsys) is an option but I have not been
happy with their support in recent years.

Jerry
-- Jerry Petrey
-- Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Navigation, Guidance, & Control
-- Raytheon Missile Systems          - Member Team Ada & Team Forth
-- NOTE: please remove <NOSPAM> in email address to
reply