From: Al Christians <achrist@easystreet.com>
Subject: Re: Rational Edge Design Papers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:26:42 -0800
Date: 2001-01-19T19:26:42-08:00	[thread overview]

"Marc A. Criley" wrote:
>  ... Lots of interesting stuff

Thanks very much again.

I, too, like where this is going, ... except that in the business
software world that I've inhabited,  the requirement for purely
functional data transformations with no state could easily produce some
monstrosity.  This seems a common problem,  state-changing I/O and
functional logic don't mix well.   It would be very ugly in a business
program to have all the I/O at the top.  I guess I would change or
interpret the rules to allow the  data entities to include database
handles and let the primitive operations of the data entities do some
database operations.

Thoughts welcome again.

Al