From: Al Christians <alc@PublicPropertySoftware.com>
Subject: Rational Edge Design Papers
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:50:43 -0800
Date: 2001-01-17T17:50:43-08:00	[thread overview]

See:

http://www.therationaledge.com/content/jan_01/f_craftsci_kb.html

I've read this paper without getting a real good idea how one would
follow the method to construct larger progams out of the simple
components described.

I'm thinking that to implement a complicated process, one needs a way to
hierarchically combine or connect the data flow controllers that control
simple processes.  Are the data flow controllers allowed to control each
other?  If so, is a strict hierarchy the best way to combine them?  Is
it ok for me to have lots of single-instance buffers that I call
I/O servers and use to pass data from one data flow controller to
another?

The typical application that I would like to imagine is the simple
100-screen vertical-market business app.  The author of the
Rational piece seems to hint that concurrency is the way to do it,
but I'm wary of that.

TIA for any discussion.

Al