From: John English <je@brighton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: I need advice please on this Ada95 hangman game
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 01:16:46 +0000
Date: 2001-01-07T01:09:40+00:00	[thread overview]

Mark Pagdin wrote:
> I hope you had a nice Christmas! I am looking for your help and advice. I am
> a student at university in England

... Brighton possibly? :-)

> and have just started learning to use Ada
> 95. This is my first programming language and obviously I am finding it hard
> to learn it. However I have been set a project to create a program to play
> hangman (a word game).
>
> I have been working hard to create this and am slowly getting there. However
> I am stuck on the main procedure which searches for the letter in the hidden
> word and then display any correct letters.
>
> Here is the output I get when i run the program (the word is revealed at the
> moment for testing purposes):
>
> Enter a word to test the Hangman game
> mark2
> Enter a Leter
> m_ _ _ _ Enter a Leter
> _ a_ _ _ Enter a Leter
> _ _ r_ _ Enter a Leter
> _ _ _ k_ Enter a Leter
> 2
> _ _ _ _ 2Enter a Leter
>
> Please would it be possible for anyone to point out a way of storing each
> attempt so that when the player attempts to guess again the program is able
> to store the result from the previous guess.

You'll need to post your code (or drop in to my office next week) to
be able to figure this out; you're obviously close to a working
solution,
if that's any consolation...

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.comp.it.bton.ac.uk/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk