* Announce: Ada bindings for GUILE.
@ 2000-12-27 13:36 Bobby D. Bryant
From: Bobby D. Bryant @ 2000-12-27 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

That tiny fraction of the world's population who use both Ada and Scheme
will be happy to hear that I have just released a draft set of Ada
bindings for the GUILE "high-level" library.

These bindings should be considered alpha quality.  They are complete
enough that you can get started using them, but they still have various
shortcomings, and further experience will probably dictate some changes
for them.  I have assigned them an arbitrary version number of 0.5.

The bindings are being released under the GPL.  You can read more about
them, view them, or download them from my Web page,
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/bdbryant/guile-for-ada/.

Feedback, suggestions, and patches will be welcome.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

* Re: Announce: Ada bindings for GUILE.
@ 2000-12-27 16:56 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-12-27 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3A49F061.F90A2E1C@mail.utexas.edu>,
  "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> The bindings are being released under the GPL.  You can read more

Unless it is your intent to prevent usage of your bindings in non-GPL
programs, you may want to consider using something other license, like
the Gnat-modified GPL (aka: GMGPL or GMG).

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* Re: Announce: Ada bindings for GUILE.
@ 2000-12-27 18:26   ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2000-12-27 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:

> In article <3A49F061.F90A2E1C@mail.utexas.edu>,
>   "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>
> > The bindings are being released under the GPL.  You can read more
>
> Unless it is your intent to prevent usage of your bindings in non-GPL
> programs, you may want to consider using something other license, like
> the Gnat-modified GPL (aka: GMGPL or GMG).

Guile comes with its own modified GPL.  It's probably the best idea to
mimic this one, although it comes reasonable to the GNAT-modified GPL
(i.e. GMG could mean Guile-modified GPL as well).

* Re: Announce: Ada bindings for GUILE.
@ 2000-12-28  5:44     ` Bobby D. Bryant
From: Bobby D. Bryant @ 2000-12-28  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Florian Weimer wrote:

> Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:
>
> > Unless it is your intent to prevent usage of your bindings in non-GPL
> > programs, you may want to consider using something other license, like
> > the Gnat-modified GPL (aka: GMGPL or GMG).
>
> Guile comes with its own modified GPL.  It's probably the best idea to
> mimic this one, although it comes reasonable to the GNAT-modified GPL
> (i.e. GMG could mean Guile-modified GPL as well).

Thanks for the tip, guys.  I have added the exception in the form that it
appears in other binding kits, such as AdaSockets and GtkAda.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas