From: Stephen Griese <sgriese@nni.com>
Subject: Question on Types
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 19:28:16 -0500
Date: 2000-12-16T19:28:16-05:00	[thread overview]

Here's a newbie question for you all.  I know almost nothing about Ada,
other than that it is has a lot of safety features that appeal to me.
So I am thinking of diving in an trying to do a small project in Ada.
The only thing that worries me is the fact that Ada does not have
multiple inheritance.

Which gets me to my question.  Having been developing in Java for a
while now, I have gotten really used to Java interfaces.  Is there any
means to declare a class that is actually more than one type?  As in the
Java class:

class AKindOfThing extends Thing implements Sortable {
}

I would imagine that with Ada's generics, having many classes that are
of type Sortable would be useful.  (I am assuming Ada has constrained
genericity.)   I could then implement some sort of generic sorted
collection of objects of type Sortable.

Stephen Griese
sgriese@nni.com