From: Marin David Condic <mcondic.nospam@acm.org>
Subject: Re: How to lock keys.
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:15:17 -0500
Date: 2000-12-16T14:15:05+00:00	[thread overview]

Great minds think alike! :-) Just saw this after posting my earlier response
concerning SetConsoleCtrlHandler.

Additional information: Look for a package in the Win32ada binding (don't know
where it is in Object Ada, but I believe it exists somewhere there!) named:

package Win32.Wincon is

The call you want to investigate is:

    function SetConsoleCtrlHandler(
        HandlerRoutine: PHANDLER_ROUTINE;
        Add           : Win32.BOOL)
        return Win32.BOOL;

How to hook up to this and provide a handler routine would seem to be a fair Ada
related question.

MDC

DuckE wrote:

> Under Windows NT (the doc's indicate this should work under 98) there is a
> function called "SetConsoleCtrlHandler" that permits you to add a handler
> callback that is invoked when Ctrl+C is typed.  The action that is taken
> depends on the return from this function.

Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

    "Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey
    and car keys to teenage boys."

        --   P. J. O'Rourke