From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Terminate program in Ada95
Date: 2000/11/27
Date: 2000-11-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Atle R�stad wrote:

> they will not do). Since I'm not allowed to modify the tasks I'm reusing I
> want an command that terminates the whole program. (Like java.system.exit()
> in java).

The way I see it, your choices are:

    * Issue a "terminate" command for those wayward tasks. This requires
      visibility to the task declarations, which means that if the task
      is declared only within a package body somewhere, you will need to
      write some kind of "kill" procedure in that package.
    * See if your OS has some kind of  "Exit" system call, and use that.
      That is *exactly* what you are doing in Java when you do a
      "java.system.exit()".

--
T.E.D.

Home - mailto:dennison@telepath.com  Work - mailto:dennison@ssd.fsi.com