From: "Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@home.com>
Subject: Re: Here we go again...
Date: 2000/11/21
Date: 2000-11-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> In article <3A1A2085.287ADB7C@mail.utexas.edu>,
>   "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> > People don't seem to stop and think about how asinine it is to
> > use "designed by committee" as an attempted slur in the world
> > of technology.
>
> Actually I disagree, I think that design by committee is
> probably often a bad thing in programming language design.
> Certainly that's what we decided for Ada, which is why we
> did NOT use the approach of design by committee for Ada!
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Condemning anything on the basis of the "designed by committee"
statement will not serve your best interests. If you must condemn,
do it on the merits of actual facts, rather than generalizations.
Otherwise you will end up foolishly dismissing things that may in fact
serve you well.

--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://members.home.net/ve3wwg