From: John Magness <jmagness@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Is the Ada World Embarrassed by the Defense Industry?
Date: 2000/11/18
Date: 2000-11-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Just as a matter of personal curiosity, does Rational provide any cross
compilers for  processors commonly used for real time embedded systems?
Which chips?
John.
ps.  Does Rational have a version of Apex/Ada95 suitably priced for the
home user?
i.e. Why can't I buy a shrink wrapped Rational/Apex/Ada 95 ( and other
languages)
like I can for Code Warrior, Visual C++, and the former Borland products at
CompUSA ?  One of the reasons that C, C++ and Java are popular is that
students (and schools) can purchase compilers with decent IDEs at a low
price.  But of course this would put Rational in direct competition with
Microsoft, threatening any existing mutual business relationships.
John.