From: Margit Gut <Margit.Gut@t-online.de>
Subject: string operations
Date: 2000/11/18
Date: 2000-11-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

my name is Margit and I am new here. I just start to learn ADA and I
have some problems in understandig what I am doing.

I try to read a string from the keyboard and then I want to write a
recursiv function to turn the characters  from the end to the beginning.

I fetch the string with Get_Line. I declared the string with
Sstring : string(1..255);
So whatever I try, the string'Length is always 255.
I can't turn this string to the opposite unless it has its correct
Length (5 for hello)
How must I declare a string, so that I can eliminate each character
separate and its Length is the correct one?
 My next poblem is, how to do a correct Function, that calls itselve.
I tried several possibilitoes, but I think I didn't understand the
problem correct.
Last question: How can I initiate a string with ""?

Can someone help me please?

thanks

Margit