From: William A Whitaker <whitaker@erols.com>
Subject: Console Text_IO in Windows ME - PROBLEM????
Date: 2000/11/17
Date: 2000-11-18T02:37:20+00:00	[thread overview]

I have a widely distributed program that translates an input Latin
word/line into English.  It runs in a number of systems so to keep it
systems independent, it is a console (Text_IO) user interface.

Today I got a message that someone was having trouble using it with
Windows ME.  I do not have ME.  Before I go off on a wild hunt, has
anyone else seen this problem - has anyone else used ME on console  and
not had this problem?  The copy he has was compiled with GNAT, so I need
some guidance before I try a bunch of other compilers.

The message was

"The DOS window flashes by so quickly that I cannot read the text, and
closes.  If I manage to push the "Pause" button at the right instant to
freeze the window, no
text is displayed, and the window vanishes at the first keystroke.  Am I
out of luck? Or is there a workaround?"

Whitaker