From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcquad@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Ada Programmers Wanted in Denver Colorado
Date: 2000/11/16
Date: 2000-11-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Graeme wrote:

> 401 K ????????
> Ay Carumba...
> *& swoon*
> :-�
> Guess I better keep studying...
> G.
>
> David Parish <dpa11111@aol.com> wrote in article
> <20001114184308.04012.00000238@ng-ch1.aol.com>...
> > I am hiring Ada95 programmers for programming real-time robotics
> applications.
> > If you are interested, please visit www.omnitech.com and press the
> "employment"
> > button. Feel free to contact Human resources, me directly at
> > dparish@omnitech.com. We offer competitive compensation, 401K, employee
> stock
> > ownership, medical benefits, etc. and a nice work environment.
> > Thank You for your consideration.
> > Regards,
> > David Parish

Uh, that's not $401,000, that's 401/K, the term used for a particular
kind of company sponsored retirement savings plan.

It's an excellent approach, and since you're still in college, here's a
bit of unsolicited advice...

Start contributing to your 401/K or other retirement savings plan as
soon as you get a job.  Don't put it off, over time the money can build
up to some serious change and potentially allow you to "retire" years
earlier than you might otherwise have been able to.

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation