From: Marin David Condic <mcondic.nospam@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Ms-dos windows
Date: 2000/11/13
Date: 2000-11-13T12:57:39+00:00	[thread overview]

O.K. When I bring the example program up in AdaGide and hit the green "run"
button, the DOS window pops up and shows:

Hello World!
Enter An Integer:

When you enter an integer, it looks like this:

Hello World!
Enter An Integer: 6
Your Number + 10 Is:  16

A little dialog window pops up to let you terminate the program.

Did you hit the "compile" and the "build" buttons first to produce an
executable? (Without the .EXE, you should have seen a different result, but its
good to doublecheck that you have gone through all the steps and produced an
executable file.)

If this is not happening, you may have a badly installed GNAT/AdaGide. You may
want to try reinstalling it. Or there may be something wrong with the OS. I'm
using Win2k, but it ought to work properly on Win95/98/NT. Unless possibly you
have some problem with the OS being corrupted in some way.

Another thing to try is to run it from a command line. Open up a command line
window and set your default to the directory in which the Hello_World.adb file
exists. Type "gnatmake hello_world" and then type "hello_world" to see it run.
If this works, but AdaGide execution does not, then possibly you just have a
problem with the AdaGide installation.

Hope this helps.

MDC

Marc wrote:

> Hello,
> Thank you for your response.
> First, I'am using GNAT  and ADAGIDE.
> In the ADAGIDE window, you can see a green button????
> When I push this one (Run), the same as F4  (execute)
> a DOS window emulation appears.
> I've made a copy from your source, but nothing is coming in this
> window.
> When I start first a dos window emulation and when I enter
> the way to execute my program, there is no problems.
> I can see the sentences in the dos window emulation.
> Do you have an idea?
> Thank you for your help.
> Marc.

Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

    "Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey
    and car keys to teenage boys."

        --   P. J. O'Rourke