* "Software Development" and Ada
@ 2000-10-09  0:00 Ken Garlington
From: Ken Garlington @ 2000-10-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From "Software Development Salary Survey 2000"
Software Development magazine (http://www.sdmagazine.com)
November 2000

"Those who worked with CORBA, COM or other middleware reported the highest
mean salaries.... Those workers with XML or EDI skills were also highly
paid, followed by workers skilled in components such as JavaBeans or
ActiveX, object-oriented languages such as Java and C++, scripting
languages, and C or other procedural languages.... Groupware, rapid
application development (RAD) environments and structured programming
languages like COBOL or Fortran were associated with the lowest salaries.

"But many respondents mentioned other technology categories - and the range,
from structured to Web-based, was impressive. Ada and assembler were
popular, along with reporting languages (RPG, Progress). ColdFusion, HTML,
Java Server Pages and Active Server Pages dominated Web production.
Enterprise resource planning packages like Peoplesoft, Baan, and SAP
abounded, along with RAD in the form of Delphi, Object Pascal and
Powerbuilder. Rarities included Pick Basic, "COBOL vintage 1970," Lisp,
Modula-2, Natural, LabView, Tibco middleware, Chill, Python, Eiffel and C#."

* Re: "Software Development" and Ada
@ 2000-10-09  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-10-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Garlington wrote:

> Powerbuilder. Rarities included Pick Basic, "COBOL vintage 1970," Lisp,
> Modula-2, Natural, LabView, Tibco middleware, Chill, Python, Eiffel and C#."

So no implementations exist, yet someone is actually putting C# on their resume'
already? I guess that will get them ready for all those requests for engineers
with 5 years C# experience that we will be seeing in the next few months.

Its nice to work in an industry where honesty is so highly valued....

--
T.E.D.

Home - mailto:dennison@telepath.com  Work - mailto:dennison@ssd.fsi.com
WWW  - http://www.telepath.com/dennison/Ted/TED.html  ICQ  - 10545591