* GNAT 3.14.p / ASIS Problems
@ 2002-02-15 10:02 Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2002-02-15 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

i just installed the latest public gnat (3.14p)
and asis versions on a win 2000 box. When i try to
use asis i always get an "inconsistant GNAT/ASIS versions"
exception. mmmmhhh!

Volkert

* Re: GNAT 3.14.p / ASIS Problems
@ 2002-02-15 11:40 ` Thomas Wolf
From: Thomas Wolf @ 2002-02-15 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Volkert.Barr@freenet.de wrote:
> i just installed the latest public gnat (3.14p)
> and asis versions on a win 2000 box. When i try to
> use asis i always get an "inconsistant GNAT/ASIS versions"
> exception. mmmmhhh!

There's a bug (which I have already reported to ACT) in this
ASIS version.

You can correct that yourself:

Open the file gnat\gnatvsn.ads in the ASIS-for-GNAT 3.14p
distribution in your favorite text editor and insert a space
in the Gnat_Version_String after the "3.14p" so that the whole
line reads

   Gnat_Version_String : constant String := "3.14p  (20010503)";

(with *two* spaces in the string literal.)

Then re-install ASIS-for-GNAT.

Thomas Wolf                          e-mail: t_wolf@angelfire.com

* Re: GNAT 3.14.p / ASIS Problems
@ 2002-02-16 10:24   ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2002-02-16 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> line reads
>
>    Gnat_Version_String : constant String := "3.14p  (20010503)";
>
> (with *two* spaces in the string literal.)
>
> Then re-install ASIS-for-GNAT.

i fixed it and compiled asis and it works.
Thank you Thomas.

But now i got several warnings dumped to screen, like

ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for A4g.Atypes
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Sinfo
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Types
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Uintp
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Table
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Unrealp
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Asis.Implementation

With asis for gnat 3.13p i had never such warnings!

Volkert

* Re: GNAT 3.14.p / ASIS Problems
@ 2002-02-16 13:55     ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2002-02-16 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Volkert wrote:

> > line reads
> >
> >    Gnat_Version_String : constant String := "3.14p  (20010503)";
> >
> > (with *two* spaces in the string literal.)
> >
> > Then re-install ASIS-for-GNAT.
>
> i fixed it and compiled asis and it works.
> Thank you Thomas.
>
> But now i got several warnings dumped to screen, like
>
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for A4g.Atypes
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Sinfo
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Types
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Uintp
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Table
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Unrealp
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Asis.Implementation
>
> With asis for gnat 3.13p i had never such warnings!

You may want to also ask some of these questions on the ASIS mailing
list, information on joining that is at:

http://www.acm.org/sigada/WG/asiswg/#Participation

Marc A. Criley
Consultant
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

* Re: GNAT 3.14.p / ASIS Problems
@ 2002-02-18  1:39     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-02-18  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

volkert.barr@freenet.de (Volkert) writes:

> i fixed it and compiled asis and it works.
> Thank you Thomas.
>
> But now i got several warnings dumped to screen, like
>
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for A4g.Atypes
> ASIS warning:
<snip>

> With asis for gnat 3.13p i had never such warnings!

I don't get these warnings with gnat 3.14p, after fixing the version
string. Try completely deleting everything asis, then re-unpack,
patch the version string, and compile again. I'm running on Windows NT
and Windows 95.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: GNAT 3.14.p / ASIS Problems
@ 2002-02-18  7:30       ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2002-02-18  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I don't get these warnings with gnat 3.14p, after fixing the version
> string. Try completely deleting everything asis, then re-unpack,
> patch the version string, and compile again. ...
That is what i have done!

Volkert

* Re: GNAT 3.14.p / ASIS Problems
@ 2002-02-19 18:42         ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2002-02-19 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

volkert.barr@freenet.de (Volkert) wrote in message news:<39ee2480.0202172330.5d31ea66@posting.google.com>...
> > I don't get these warnings with gnat 3.14p, after fixing the version
> > string. Try completely deleting everything asis, then re-unpack,
> > patch the version string, and compile again. ...

Oh, i see! All the Ada and Asis specific package bodies are not prepared
for further inspection. There are no tree files generated for them, but they
are withed ... yes, i think, that's what the warning is talking about.

Thank you!