* ADA Transportation and Health Care Policy
@ 1994-11-03 19:38 ProjACTION
From: ProjACTION @ 1994-11-03 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Request for information and opinion

Project ACTION is a Research and Development initiative of the National
Easter Seal Society which is funded by the Federal Transit Administration.

From time to time Project seeks information and opinion from various
sources through various media.  This request for information and opinion
is targeted to the following topic:

        Accessible Transportation with respect to National Health
        Care Policy.

        Various interest areas are:

                Use of fixed Route systems for medical appointments

                Use of paratransit systems for medical appointments

                Use of Health Care Provider provided transportation

                Use of Dept of Aging and similar transportation

                Medical Assistance qualified persons transported by
                private carriers who invoice MA

                The need for a national HC policy which includes
                accessible transportation as a insured cost of service

		Cost vs. Benefit (of above service deliveries methods)

                         Robert Carlson, Project Manager
                         Project ACTION
                         1350 New York Avenue, NW
                         Suite 613
                         Washington, DC 20005

                or preferably by E-Mail at:

                         ProjACTION@aol.com

* ADA Transportation and Health Care Policy
@ 1994-11-03 19:42 ProjACTION
From: ProjACTION @ 1994-11-03 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for the mis-posting, never mind.
Won't transgress again.

* Re: ADA Transportation and Health Care Policy
@ 1994-11-04  3:17 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1994-11-04  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <39be6t$ock@newsbf01.news.aol.com>,
ProjACTION <projaction@aol.com> wrote:
>Request for information and opinion
>
>[Deleted Project ACTION stuff]

Winner! Most Ignorant Post Award!

I knew it was only a matter of time before ADA and Ada collided.  I
was eagerly awaiting to learn who the winner would be.

Of course, one _could_ claim Ada is working with a handicap :-)

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada

* Re: ADA Transportation and Health Care Policy
@ 1994-11-04  3:19 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1994-11-04  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <39beec$oeh@newsbf01.news.aol.com>,
ProjACTION <projaction@aol.com> wrote:
>Sorry for the mis-posting, never mind.
>Won't transgress again.

I found it humorous, actually.  Ever since ADA came out, I figured
something like this would happen.  Life is strange.  Reality is even
stranger.

--

@ 1994-11-04 13:48   ` Norman H. Cohen
From: Norman H. Cohen @ 1994-11-04 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <39c97o$b5s@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>, dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM
(David Weller) writes:

|> In article <39beec$oeh@newsbf01.news.aol.com>,
|> ProjACTION <projaction@aol.com> wrote:
|> >Sorry for the mis-posting, never mind.
|> >Won't transgress again.
|>
|> I found it humorous, actually.  Ever since ADA came out, I figured
|> something like this would happen.  Life is strange.  Reality is even
|> stranger.

At one of the SIGAda meetings in Charleston, W.Va., I recall going from
room to room in one of the hotels, dropping in on various
birds-of-a-feather meetings and vendor demonstrations, until I came to a
large room filled with nothing but dental equipment--dental chairs,
bright lights to shine in patients' faces, drills, you name it.

Ever since, I've wondered whether the unfortunate exhibitor had read
somewhere that an ADA convention was coming to town.

--
Norman H. Cohen    ncohen@watson.ibm.com

* Re: ADA Transportation and Health Care Policy
@ 1994-11-07 11:37   ` David Emery
From: David Emery @ 1994-11-07 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Of course, one _could_ claim Ada is working with a handicap :-)

Gee, can we use ADA to insist that all software development shops must
provide equal access for Ada?

				dave
--
--The preceeding opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
--The MITRE Corporation or its sponsors.