From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Debian Family,  GNAT version map
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:34:38 +0200
Date: 2012-08-20T09:34:38+02:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:39:56 +0200, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> I suggest you concentrate on one thing and only one, then.  If you are
> interested in Debian packaging, fine, let that be your one area of
> expertise.  If you'd rather learn Ada and develop programs with it, I
> suggest you install Debian stable (possibly in a chroot or VirtualBox)
> and forget about all these pesky issues.  I've decided to concentrate on
> packaging precisely so that others, especially beginners, can
> concentrate on programming.

Absolutely. Packaged Ada for Debian and Fedora is a great relief to the
situation of not so distant times when GNAT GPL was the only, very
uncomfortable, option for Linux.

Yet, there is still the problem that people wishing to make their work
available to public must nonetheless dive deep down into the mess of dbpkg
and rpmbuild. Something should be done about it. If we could not bring
Linux Ada policies in order, we should have some backend for the GPR which
would automate packaging.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov