From: john@assen.demon.co.uk.nospam (John McCabe)
Subject: Re: Ada usage up?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:57:36 GMT
Date: 2000-08-31T22:57:36+00:00	[thread overview]

"Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

>An article on The Register
>(http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/1/12879.html) discusses an IT
>skill-demand survey in the UK, and mentions in passing that demand for
>Ada is up 44%, apparently with reference to last year's survey.  (It
>does not give enough information to judge whether this might be a
>statistical fluke.)

From someone *in* the UK, there has recently been quite a few
vacancies I've seen where Ada is mentioned as a 'useful', but not
'must have' skill. It is clear that a number of places are now
considering Ada as a useful language to provide a good background in
O-O, which should ease any cross-training into C++ and Java. There
also appears to be an increase in demand for Ada in the financial
markets in London where, in some areas as far as I can tell, VAX
Pascal had a stronghold.

Best Regards
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>