From: Alejandro Villanueva <190921@cepsz.unizar.es>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Compile with C code...]
Date: 2000/10/19
Date: 2000-10-19T15:21:08+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> In article <39EEF80B.1242805C@cepsz.unizar.es>,
>   Alejandro Villanueva <190921@cepsz.unizar.es> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this but: how do I
> call an
> > Ada procedure from a C main program using GNAT 3.11p
> >
> > I followed the user's guide instructions but didn't work !!
> >
> > These are my files attached.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Mostly this is an implementation independent issue, look up
> the use of the pragma Export in your Ada book ...
>
> Trying to use the internal GNAT stuff is wrong, and you
> need to know too much to do this. The documentation in the
> users guide is assuming that you use pragma Export, since
> of course this is required by the Ada 95 language in this case
>
> Also, why use such an out of date version of GNAT?

Well, these are the steps I perform:
gcc -c hola.adb
gnatbind -x hola.ali
gcc main.c b_hola.o hola.o

I really think this is correct, but I get some interesting error
messages about undefined symbols...

Of course I use pragme Export (correctly, for sure).

The reason I use 3.11p is because I'm working with GNAT/RTEMS to produce
an embedded system. The RTEMS operating system only uses 3.11p at this
momment :-(

Do you think the above compilation chain is incorrect? I think I'm
missing something but I don't know what could it be...

Thanks again,

Alejandro.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

�Quieres Cobrar por Navegar en Internet?
Visita: http://www.navegana.com/dinero/flintstone.html
Alejandro Villanueva
190921@cepsz.unizar.es