* limited private mode
@ 2000-10-17  0:00 arcele
From: arcele @ 2000-10-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to write a driver for a generic package I have written, and I am
getting an error that reads 'expect name of generic package in
instantiation'. does anyone know what this error means? and how i can fix
it? thnx

* Re: limited private mode
@ 2000-10-18  0:00 ` Alejandro Villanueva
From: Alejandro Villanueva @ 2000-10-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

arcele wrote:

> I'm trying to write a driver for a generic package I have written, and I am
> getting an error that reads 'expect name of generic package in
> instantiation'. does anyone know what this error means? and how i can fix
> it? thnx

Well, not looking at your code, the only thing I can think of is that you are
*not* instantiating your generic package. If you post your code here we'll be
able to give you a precise answer ;-)

For example:

generic
   Max: natural;
package My_Generic_Package is
end My_Generic_Package;

You should instantiate it as:

My_Not_Generic_Package is new My_Generic_Package (Max => 10);

Hope this helps,

�Quieres Cobrar por Navegar en Internet?
Visita: http://www.navegana.com/dinero/flintstone.html
Alejandro Villanueva
190921@cepsz.unizar.es