From: Lao Xiao Hai <laoxhai@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Al Gore and the Internet
Date: 2000/10/16
Date: 2000-10-17T02:21:15+00:00	[thread overview]

Larry Kilgallen wrote:

> > From: "Mark Metzler" <mmetzler@pacbell.net>
> > Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
> > Subject: Al Gore and the Internet
>
> <snip>
>
> > The Vice President deserves credit for his early recognition of the
> > value of high speed computing and communication and for his long-term
> > and consistent articulation of the potential value of the Internet to
> > American citizens and industry and, indeed, to the rest of the world.
>
> Well at least the Vice President deserves credit for being allies with
> spammers who will trash technical newsgroups with unrelated material.

Well, Larry.  It is even more interesting than you might think.    I recently
learned that the Algorithm is actually named after Al Gore.  It was originally
spelled Al Gore Rhythm and referred to his skill at swirling Tipper across
the floor to politically correct music.   Later,  after he invented several
advanced concepts in computing, the expression was cast into the
more contemporary spelling in his honor.

Richard Riehle