From: Jeff Carter <jrcarter@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Software design and development methods?
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:14:23 GMT
Date: 2000-10-11T04:14:23+00:00	[thread overview]

mjsilva@my-deja.com wrote:

> This isn't really an Ada question, but I think I'm likely to get more
> good info and less nonsense asking it here than in almost any other
> group.  My question is how does an individual, or a small company with
> limited resources, improve the software design and development process
> beyond an ad-hoc collection of self-discovered "methodologies".  What,
> for example, are the -right- ways to do a requirements analysis, create
> a functional specification and come up with a program framework?  What
> is the right way to create a test plan?

There is NO right way to create a functional specification. It is a
truth universally accepted that you Must be Object Oriented, or you're
No Good.

Serially, for an individual or small company, you might want to look
into Personal Process Improvement from SEI.

--
Jeff Carter
"Perfidious English mouse-dropping hoarders."