* Ada95 for MacOS X
@ 2000-10-03  0:00 Harald Schmidt
From: Harald Schmidt @ 2000-10-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

...is there any port of gnat running on MacOS X?

Harald

* Re: Ada95 for MacOS X
@ 2000-10-03  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-10-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <B5FF6FD4.B0F7%Harald.Schmidt@tomcat.de>,
  Harald Schmidt <Harald.Schmidt@tomcat.de> wrote:
> ...is there any port of gnat running on MacOS X?

Last I heard, no. But that shouldn't be too shocking to anyone, since
MacOS X hasn't even been *released* yet.

I suspect that once its has been released, a Gnat port will follow
shortly. There is already a port to MachTen, and OS X will have a gcc
port. Putting the two together shouldn't be too hard.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Ada95 for MacOS X
@ 2000-10-04  0:00   ` Fabrice Kordon
From: Fabrice Kordon @ 2000-10-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The final version is not yet released but there is a public beta
(without gcc:-( and
a developper beta (with gcc:-). We have installed this developper beta
and it seems
to be quite stable on both the Unix part and the GUI part.

Ted Dennison a *crit :

> In article <B5FF6FD4.B0F7%Harald.Schmidt@tomcat.de>,
>   Harald Schmidt <Harald.Schmidt@tomcat.de> wrote:
> > ...is there any port of gnat running on MacOS X?
>
> Last I heard, no. But that shouldn't be too shocking to anyone, since
> MacOS X hasn't even been *released* yet.
>
> I suspect that once its has been released, a Gnat port will follow
> shortly. There is already a port to MachTen, and OS X will have a gcc
> port. Putting the two together shouldn't be too hard.
>
> --
> T.E.D.
>
> http://www.telepath.com/~dennison/Ted/TED.html
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

* Re: Ada95 for MacOS X
@ 2000-10-05  0:00     ` Harald Schmidt
From: Harald Schmidt @ 2000-10-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

in article 39DB9F64.C3661C9B@lip6.fr, Fabrice Kordon at
Fabrice.Kordon@lip6.fr wrote on 04.10.2000 23:21 Uhr:

I know and use it, but how can I compile Ada source files. I was unable
to install the gnat package, because the installation process assumes that
you install the complete gcc package.

Harald

> The final version is not yet released but there is a public beta
> (without gcc:-( and
> a developper beta (with gcc:-). We have installed this developper beta
> and it seems
> to be quite stable on both the Unix part and the GUI part.
>

> Ted Dennison a *crit :
>
>> In article <B5FF6FD4.B0F7%Harald.Schmidt@tomcat.de>,
>> Harald Schmidt <Harald.Schmidt@tomcat.de> wrote:
>>> ...is there any port of gnat running on MacOS X?
>>
>> Last I heard, no. But that shouldn't be too shocking to anyone, since
>> MacOS X hasn't even been *released* yet.
>>
>> I suspect that once its has been released, a Gnat port will follow
>> shortly. There is already a port to MachTen, and OS X will have a gcc
>> port. Putting the two together shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>> --
>> T.E.D.
>>
>> http://www.telepath.com/~dennison/Ted/TED.html
>>
>> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> Before you buy.

* Re: Ada95 for MacOS X
@ 2000-10-05  0:00       ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2000-10-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <B602BA14.B17E%Harald.Schmidt@tomcat.de>,
  Harald Schmidt <Harald.Schmidt@tomcat.de> wrote:
> in article 39DB9F64.C3661C9B@lip6.fr, Fabrice Kordon at
> Fabrice.Kordon@lip6.fr wrote on 04.10.2000 23:21 Uhr:
>
> I know and use it, but how can I compile Ada source files. I
was unable
> to install the gnat package, because the installation process
assumes that
> you install the complete gcc package.

Well obviously to compile GNAT you need a version of GNAT
to start with in binary executable form, this means that
if you want to try to port from scratch you must build
a cross compiler.