From: John Magness <jmagness@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Jobs at Lockheed Martin
Date: 2000/09/29
Date: 2000-09-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>> I couldn't find this particular item on dice.com, could you send me more
>> information? I'm interested since the production F-16 transitioned from an
>> analog to a digital flight control computer roughly 15 years ago! The F-16XL
>>
>> was upgraded more recently, but as far as I know that work is already
>> complete.
>>
>> > but also a few
>> > positions for the F-22 flight software.
>>
>> There are a number of openings for Ada-savvy engineers at Fort Worth, on
>> F-22 and other programs. Go to
>>
>> http://lmpeople.external.lmco.com/careers/search.asp
>>
>> and search for requirement numbers  10639, 19553, 21097, 21384, and 21389.
>> Some of these are looking for more than one person.
>>
>> > The Marietta positions were for
>> > various positions for an F-22 simulator (might be a real time systems
>> > integration lab,
>> > the posts were not clear).
>>
>> Marietta has an urgent need for Ada-knowledgeable engineers for both flying
>> and ground-based software, I think even more so than Fort Worth. See the web
>>
>> page referenced above.
>>
>> > These showed up as direct and contract.  LM
>> > also had a lot of positions on the East coast (which I consider the mosh
>> > pit of the US).
>> >
>> >         As for me, it looks as if I'll end up here in Houston on the ISS
>> > at Boeing.
>> > John
>> >

> There are a number of openings for Ada-savvy engineers at Fort Worth, on
> F-22 and other programs. Go to
>
> http://lmpeople.external.lmco.com/careers/search.asp
>
> and search for requirement numbers  10639, 19553, 21097, 21384, and 21389.
> Some of these are looking for more than one person.
>
> > The Marietta positions were for
> > various positions for an F-22 simulator (might be a real time systems
> > integration lab,
> > the posts were not clear).
>
> Marietta has an urgent need for Ada-knowledgeable engineers for both flying
> and ground-based software, I think even more so than Fort Worth. See the web
> page referenced above.
>
> > These showed up as direct and contract.  LM
> > also had a lot of positions on the East coast (which I consider the mosh
> > pit of the US).
> >
> >         As for me, it looks as if I'll end up here in Houston on the ISS
> > at Boeing.
> > John

My error.  go to www.careerMozaic.com  I did just now -- search on "Ada"  -- &
Texas for the state.
47 hits, 3 or 4 were bogus (American Disabilities Act, etc.)  but approximately
40 of them are for LM in Dallas/Ft. Worth. And many of those are for the F-16.
Which block was the first to use a digital flight computer? I worked on the
flight simulators simulators for aircraft blocks 30, 40, and 50 in the late 80's
and recall no mention of a digital flight computer.  But, hey -- that doesn't
mean allot.

    Also several months ago there were several congratulatory postings on this
ng (due to the use of Ada) about delivering the first  F-16s equipped with
digital flight computers to the USAF.  I am confused.

John