From: Nicolas Brunot <n.brunot@cadwin.com>
Subject: Objectada link time
Date: 2000/09/29
Date: 2000-09-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Consulting FAQ on Aonix web site, I found the following :

>>5.My compiler seems slow. How can I speed it up?
>>Sometimes users report a slow build time. Usually, much of the build
time
>>occurs during the link phase, not during the compilation phase, a
reflection of
>>the architecture of the Microsoft linker.

Comparing with Rational Apex which also include the Microsoft linker,
there is a enormous difference.
for an application of about 15 Mo, linked from about 1200 Ada units :
Apex link is about 1 mn
Objectada link reaches 10 mn ...

So there should be not only a microsoft linker problem here.

Has anybody found a solution to this kind of problem ?
Thanks for any information