From: Al Christians <achrist@easystreet.com>
Subject: Re: Is there an installation guide for Windows GNAT?
Date: 2000/09/28
Date: 2000-09-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Here is something to check vs what I have (pure guesswork by me):

as.exe is in my \Gnat\Bin directory.  I think that it is installed
there by the gnat installer.  \Gnat\Bin is included in the path in
the 'system variables' part of the control panel..system..environment
screen.  I assume this was also set by the gnat installer.  Because
it is in the 'system variables' settings, I also think that you need
to have administrator privileges during the install or the path won't
get set.

IDK what happens if you wind up with a different as.exe on your path
ahead of the as.exe in the gnat\bin  directory.  I've also got cygwin
on my machine, but I use a batch file to set up the cygwin environment
when I want to use the gcc that comes with cygwin instead of the one
that comes from gnat.

Al