From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Ada question
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:44:50 GMT
Date: 2000-09-11T12:44:50+00:00	[thread overview]

version_x wrote:

> Is ada able to send data directly to the printer ports registers?
> the reason i ask is that i have a neat little lcd display and i'd like to
> write a program in ada to drive it.

A good first question is, "does my OS allow me to send data directly to the
printer port's registers?" If you don't know the answer to that one, go ask
it first in a newsgroup appropriate to your OS.

If you know the answer to be yes, then the next question would be, how is
this typically done under your OS?

--
T.E.D.

Home - mailto:dennison@telepath.com  Work - mailto:dennison@ssd.fsi.com