From: N J Chackowsky <chackowsky@brandonsd.mb.ca>
Subject: Re: School Assignment--Can this be simplified?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:35:23 GMT
Date: 2000-08-31T18:35:23+00:00	[thread overview]

Thanks for the advice/warnings/etc. I think that where I'm getting
myself confused is with which libraries are standard and which aren't. I
had *thought* that any ada.* were standard. The text I'm using (Feldman)
doesn't make this clear. I've started to plow through the reference
manual, looking for the functions available in
...generics_elementary_functions.

The reason I was using such a mix of "magic numbers", constants, and
variables, was to "code around" the multiple data types, as a result of
using ada.numerics.aux (based on double). As I get to know the libraries
better, I'll tidy up my code.

(Using gnat-3_13p-nt.exe on Win95/98.)

One problem that smote my eyes *just* after making the post was, of
course, that the calculation can be vastly simplified. Since it takes
the form
	a                (x-y)
       ----   which is a       .  Not really an Ada95-specific issue,
though.